Wednesday, 21 June 2017

M2-legal and ethical issues:

Legal and ethical issues can be major issues when creating a social media app. There are certain legal issues to take into account such as cyberbullying. This is were a user online is harassed or put at harm over another users actions. Cyberbullying is illegal so therefore is a legal issue that I need to take into account when making my app. I have therefore installed a report button on every users homepage. This way, if a user feels like they are being bullied, they can report the users page and then my app will handle the situation by either removing that user from the app or suspending their account.
In addition, another legal issue I need to take into account is the issue of copyright. Copyright is using other websites content for my own app. Plagiarism and copyright is something I need to ensure that I do not have on my social media app. I can ensure I have not done this by using regulatory bodies such as ISPO who can check my social media app after I have completed it to ensure that everything on my app is my own content.
Also, an ethical issue that I need to take into account is offending or harming any of the users. I need to make sure I do not offend anyone on my app by not putting e.g. bad language or harmful content which can upset users.
I should also censor any content from users that  can deem to be offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment